Can my unsound brother make a will and transfer his property to me in Mississippi?

My brother is mentally challenged and lives with me. I have been taking care of my brother. There are a couple of properties in my brother’s name and I manage them for my brother. Can he transfer those properties to me by making a will in this regard?

In Mississippi, a person who is of unsound mind or an unemancipated minor is considered incapable of making a will.  The question is whether he is considered incompetent.

You would need to file for a conservatorship to take care of his property.



If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.