Existence of a Will is being denied

I am the heir to my father’s estate, since he allegedly died without a will. However, a family member has a photocopy of a will that they want to submit to probate. This “will” leaves nothing to me. The original will cannot be located. Should I consent to admission of my father’s photocopy? If I don’t sign the form, can it be submitted anyway?

This is one of those situations where you need to get a lawyer to advise you as soon as possible unless you really prefer not to receive any inheritance from your father’s estate. The person named as beneficiary in the photocopy of the old will may want you to consent to admitting the copy to probate, because there is a very good chance that if you were to appear and object to the photocopy being accepted it never would be admitted to probate.


If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.