How do I keep my assets separate from my new Husband?

You can keep your assets in your name alone and not comingle them with your new husband.  You can create a Will but in Mississippi unless you did a Premarital Agreement or your Husband has a separate estate of equal value, your Husband can renounce your Will and take a child’s share of your estate, as well as other rights under Mississippi law. There are other matters to consider based on the particular facts.


If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.