I am getting married for a second time and want to leave everything to my children. Can I?

In Mississippi a spouse has rights to receivce some property of your estate even if you do not provide so in a Will.  He or she can renounce your Will and have other rights.

If you can make a valid premarital agreement that specifies what your spouse is to receive that could help acheive your goals.

A trust could also be used now the transfer property, the beneficiares of which are your children at your death although your spouse may still have some rights.


If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.