I am separated and want to appoint his Daughter to handle his Estate.

In Mississippi, if there was a Will and you were appointed as Executrix or Personal Representative, you might resign and allow the Daughter to be appointed. If no Will this does not apply. If you are turning over the estate and all rights to his Daughter you may need to sign a Disclaimer and Waiver of Right to Inherit, Widows Share, Renunciation Rights, etc. and possibly other documents.

This answer assumes you want the daughter to have the estate. If not, you should consider handling the estate or make sure you receive what you are entitled to even if the daughter is appointed as executrix.


If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.