I want to leave everything to my husband but control what he does with it?

I assume you mean who he leaves the property to when he dies.  Or maybe you also want to know if you can restrict his ownership in some manner.

Regarding who he leaves the property to when he dies you could consider a contract to make a will where you both agree to make wills and not to revoke or change who is to receive the property.  And create join wills.

If you want to restrict, such as real estate, you can leave him a life estate with remainder to children or who you specify.

You could also leave property to your spouse in a trust where the trustee administers the estate as you direct.

If you do an agreement, you should include a Waiver of all rights spouses havc under Mississippi law such as right to renounce, exempt property rights, etc.


If you view this content and need to ask a related question or need services that relate to this question, Contact me.

All content is for informational purposes only. It is also only intended to relate to Mississippi Estate Planning Law.  If other states are mentioned, they are mentioned as an example only. No legal advice is provided in this content. Laws change so you need to check for any updates by current laws in Mississippi.